Sunday, April 03, 2011

The Big Switch

I have decided to move this blog over to a paid hosting service under GoDaddy where I have two domains registered.  I really didn’t want to have to do this because I still have a fondness for Blogger and its ease of use.  A part of me views this as abandoning the battle and my solidarity with my blogger peers, but losing thousands and thousands of pictures when my main PAID storage was deleted really opened my eyes to my vulnerability.  I am still fighting to get that account back, and to end the Blogger bloodbath, but I have invested too much time on this blog to leave it vulnerable to the whims of Blogger.

Unfortunately I lost all my contact information to fellow bloggers when my account was deleted.  And probably 97% of those that link to me, link to my BlogSpot address, so I would really appreciate any of you that happen upon this post, to change your link to HAWTBlog.com, thanks a lot :)

I am also moving to a Wordpress platform which, quite frankly, scares the shit out of me, because I have never worked with it before.  EDIT Actually WordPress is quite easy.. yay!  Test blog

It will be a few weeks before the new and hopefully improved version of this blog goes live that is hosted on another provider, and my intent is to continue to display it on my BlogSpot url, but these are uncertain times….

Please change any links to this blog to HAWTBlog.com

11 comments:

  1. Je reste attaché à votre travail, à votre approche. Je vous accompagne dans votre exploration et je souhaite, à nouveau, longue vie au site que vous animez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wordpress gives you a great deal more freedom. Perhaps this was a shove you'll come to see as a turning point for the better. Good luck, I'll stay tuned.

    Ryan Ross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope and I believe that you have chosen the best decision.
    I would be ready to follow you in hell if necessary, but I hope that it will be for the paradise.
    I'm relying on you for that and I do not leave you.
    I shall watch for your return every day during all the time which you need.
    Courage, my friend.
    XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys :) That's the way I'm trying to look at this Ryan :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Onwards and upwards, going to wordpress will be a kick in the pants to start off with, it takes a hell of a lot to get used to it, so I wish you a lot of luck with getting to grips with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh thanks Jason... haha... just what I needed to hear.. omg :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wordpress does take a bit of getting used to but after that it's a cinch, believe me. I think you'll be a lot happier with it. Good luck and keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey babe, I am having trouble adding the new URL to my blog links...it won't seem to accept it?! Any ideas?

    FFB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Floppers :) Are you putting "http://" in front of it? The link could be added as "http://HAWTBlog.com" or "http://www.HAWTBlog.com", either should work and they still point back to this site, until I tell it to point somewhere else. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Time for changes, eh?

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Posts | Todays Stats | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Settings | Sign Out